Skip to main content

I want to see if I can manage being a social drinker and not drinking daily. It's been a part of my life forever and I want to make sure I control it, not it controlling me....

Where am I?

In The Monument Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

monumentamanda
monumentamanda

Hi Anonymous. Thank you so much for writing in. And welcome to Monument! Many other members here are exploring moderation, and deciding whether moderation or sobriety is best for them long-term. You are not alone! Here's a helpful article on the topic to help you reflect on your needs and aspirations. I'd also recommend checking out this free therapist-moderated support group: Moderation in the time of Coronavirus. 

Here's a review that addresses the idea of controlling your drinking (instead of the inverse!): 

Elegant_Sky_548 (9/17/2020):

Can't recommend Monument enough, Moderation in the time of Coronavirus is an excellent support group, moderated by an outstanding Therapist who brings people together to discuss topics in a calm & safe environment, This group has opened up a whole new world to the possibility of a life where the individual is control of alcohol, and not the other way around Good people

You can do this. And we're here for you along the way. Let me know if you have any questions! 

monumentdaisy
monumentdaisy

Hello, Anonymous! Popping in to say I'm really glad you're here. You got this!