Skip to main content

I'm new. Trying to determine if I can drink more moderately by using naltrexone or if I need to quit completely. Can anyone tell me their naltrexone experience and what has and has not worked?

Where am I?

In The Monument Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

playful_feather_610
playful_feather_610

Day 2 on it and a HUGE differenc. I wish I had known about it sooner. Drank half of what I usually do last night. 4 pm was my go time to get my party started. today I feel no need even though there is plenty here.

deniselovesgod
deniselovesgod

wow I didn't know there was medication to help you drink less! I would have been tried it. thanks! 

juniperjackal
juniperjackal

I love being on the medication. I have not drank in days. On the verge of the weekend. I would usually be calling friends and planning dinners and afternoon hang outs at the bar. I have no urge to do that. 

monumentmuppet
monumentmuppet

Echoig what everyone has said, and happy to chat further. It's like a switch being flipped, for me. Drinking is uninteresting to do. I don't crave it, and if I do have a glass of wine with dinner it doesn't turn into ten glasses.