Skip to main content

I am new. And scared that I can’t live my life without wine.

Where am I?

In The Monument Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

monumentamanda
monumentamanda

Welcome @crisp_galaxy_107 ! So glad you're here. Even if you can't see it now, I know that you can live your life without wine. And it might take a little time to see it for yourself, but we're here for you along the way. Check out the free therapist-moderated support groups, ask questions, poke around the treatment options. I know there are folks here that have written something very similar to the above and now have ended their relationship with alcohol entirely. 

It takes courage to share what you did, and you can use that same courage to make a change. Any questions off the bat? I'm cheering you on! 

elegant_wave_788
elegant_wave_788

I would really love to have a couple glasses on the weekend nights maybe a glass a evening during the week but not drink until I’m drunk. I enjoy wine and I like the buzz that follows.  But the drunk part is getting in the way of the rest of my life. I’ve been able to manage during the week ok unless I’m with my man friend.

There is a tipping point with my man friend and i don’t like to see him that way. its not bad if I’m drunk but that’s not ok either.  So I’m trying to do what’s right for me and hoping that will help him too.  

vibrant_rain_736
vibrant_rain_736

@crisp_galaxy_107  i know how you feel.  Drinking for years, bottle of wine or more a night.  It’s awful.  I will tell you that I am on day 3 of night being drunk, and day 2 of being sober, 100% thanks to Monument and their prescription of Naltrexone,  if you need a buddy please message me and we can keep each other accountable.  take the first step, it’s so worth it. 

majestic_elm_167
majestic_elm_167

Same story here! Thank goodness for Monument program and Naltrexone! I have 27 days. Keep going. Read this book too: Annie Grace, “This Naked Mind”. It’s life changing.

crisp_galaxy_107
crisp_galaxy_107

Thanks!   I just ordered the book !  

vibrant_rain_736
vibrant_rain_736

*not being drunk

sparkling_canary_693
sparkling_canary_693

You can do this! The first few days are the hardest but I've not have any wine for 3 weeks now with little to no cravings! The medicine they prescribe really works! Hang in there, you've got this!

Anonymous

I'm scared too!  Sometimes I feel like I can't live without it.  How do we start?

monumentamanda
monumentamanda

Hi Anonymous! Welcome! I'd recommend checking out a free support group to get started. They take place daily and can be a great way to hear from others at different stages of their journey and practice accountability. You can join off-camera and will never be called on to share, so it's as anonymous as you want it to be. You can explore groups here

Even if it doesn't feel like it right now, you can live without it! Are there any questions about Monument I can help answer?