Skip to main content

Hello- I was a moderate drinker but during quarantine and lockdowns began drinking heavily. I’m trying to get healthy and moderate my drinking but it’s been hard to do.

Where am I?

In The Monument Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

monumentdaisy
monumentdaisy

Hi there, @clever_rocket_590  I know this is the case for so many here (and beyond). You are not alone. This is a meaningful step toward making those changes you want to see, and I promise -- it can get better. 

Changing your relationship with alcohol is hard. No two paths look the same, and many aren't linear. There is a huge, abundant community beside you who will support you every step of the way. Know this: You are not alone. 

Have you considered attending a therapist-moderated support group? Whether you join with your camera on or off, whether you'd like to share or reflect, give or get support, showing up is always enough. Putting one foot in front of the other, continuing to show up for yourself, is all we can ask of ourselves -- this is an act of self-care (really). There is abundance around the corner; keep going.  

purple_music_668
purple_music_668

Hi Rocket,

I've been having a similar issue.  I joined Monument in May and have started on the medication which is helping a lot.  I hope the support helps you too?